Total Pageviews

5.4.16

Kingdom

Weightlifter's Prayer

By Donny Shankle 

(Inspired by psalm 23)

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall never quit

He maketh me to stand in the face of adversity: He leadeth me to find confidence in my ability

He restoreth my strength: He leadeth me in the paths of righteous accomplishment for His name's sake

Yea, though I walk through the valley of heavy weights, I will not fear: for Thou art with me;

Thy blessings of faith, endurance, and the resolve to never lose shall guide my way

Thou preparest a competition before me in the presence of mighty warriors:

Thou bringest them from far to test my conviction

Surely I will be in Thy light if I can confront what is heavy and walk away happy,

And I will dwell in this gym O Lord forever, in a fight to become not only the great weightlifter, but to wear the title of Olympian,

By Thy grace and my willpower, shall I then enter into Thy kingdom a champion

AMEN